Unformatted text preview: d by germ cells in testes and ovaries
- Produced by meiosis 8.3 Mitosis and Cytokinesis
• Cell cycle - events between one cell division and the next
• 2 major stages
1. Interphase - cell not dividing but cell very active
2. Cell division - mitosis and cytokinesis Mitosis
• Mitosis Overall, separates genetic material evenly between 2 daughter cells
• Mitotic spindle pulls half to each new cell Cytokinesis
• Cytokinesis: division of cytoplasm - In animal cells - cleavage furrow results from
- Plant cells —build a new wall and membrane between the daughter cells......
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/27/2014 for the course BIOLOGY Bio 2 at Timber Creek High.
- Fall '09