This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: terns and muscular involvement
◦ Physiological Analysis
- Strength, power,
hypertrophy and muscular endurance priorities
◦ Injury analysis – common sites for joint &
muscle injury; causative factors
◦ Others – cardiovascular endurance, speed,
agility, and flexibility Example:'shot'put'ﬁeld'event'
! Most heavily recruited muscles:
◦ elbow extensors - triceps brachii
◦ Shoulder abductors – deltoids
◦ Hip extensors – gluteals, hamstrings
◦ Knee extensors – quadriceps
◦ Ankle plantarflexors – soleus, gastrocnemius ! Strength & power – Hypertrophy
! Shoulder & elbow joints – would be
overuse injuries Needs'Analysis'
2. Assessment of the Athlete
◦ Training status & injury status
" Training background & type of training program (free wtsevs. free
" Length of recent regular participation in previous program
" Level of intensity
in previous program
" Experience in exercise technique ◦ ...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/28/2014 for the course KIN 405 at Waterloo.
- Fall '12