This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: tigue or
performance no longer satisfies the correct protocol - form
6. Don’t generalize to other muscles or muscle groups – why not? i.e. results of endurance test of biceps curls cannot be generalized to the triceps - diff uses of
muscles in daily activities/training, metabolic characteristics of muscles are different Absolute'Muscular'Endurance'
• YMCA: bench press (upper), cadence 30
reps/minute, 80lb (m), 35lb (f).
• Although muscular endurance and strength
correlate well (r=0.9), it does not mean that
endurance tests predict 1-RM accurately.
energy contributions from
• Why? using differenttypes, >=10 reps decreasesdifferent energyredicting 1-RM
accuracy of p
• ACSM recommends push-up for upper-body;
partial curl-up (crunch) for abdominals Rela4ve'Muscular'Endurance'
• Express as:
– Weight lifted is a set % of 1-RM (70% 1RM).
– Weight lifted is a set % of BW.
not typically seen Maximum'Muscular'Power' Maximal'Muscular'
View Full Document
- Fall '12