This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: l Capture Real Data
• Capture the depth as well as the color http://www.3dface.
org/media/images.html Manually specifying the mapping
• There are good tools to map the texture to
the surface, for example,
• Directly painting on 3D geometry
• Manually align unfolded data on the
Creating a UV map on Maya
v=HQKDADeuTFc Unfolding the geometry
• Segmenting the body into a set of charts
Unfolded onto a 2D plane
Packing: The charts are gathered in texture space
The artist can then draw the texture on a 2D plane Levy et al. SIGGRAPH 2002 Problems with Linear
Interpolation of UV Coordinates
• Linear interpolation in screen space: texture source what we get| what we want Why Does it Happen?
• Uniform steps on the image plane does not
correspond to uniform steps in the original 3D
scene Solution : Hyperbolic Interpolation
– (u,v) cannot be linearly interpolated, but 1/w and
(u/w, v/w) can
– Compute (u,v) by dividing the interpolated (u/w,
v/w) by the interpolated 1/w
– w is the last component after the canonical view
– A w is computed for every 3D vertex Texture Mapping Examples • Linear interpolation vs. Hyperboli...
View Full Document
- Spring '14