This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: s of
Human Computer Interactions Computer Graphics is about animation
(films) Major driving force now
Lecture 1 What are the Challenges?
● Realistic Lighting and Reflections:
○ Need to make the lighting condition appear
○ Need to make objects reflect the light
● Physical simulations:
○ Fluids (liquid, fire), rigid bodies
● Realistic movements of the faces, bodies, etc.
○ Need to make the imaginary characters
appear as if they are really in the
environment Realistic Lighting and Reflections:
● Need to make the lighting condition appear like
● Need to make objects reflect the light
realistically (modeling the reflection model) Physical Simulation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoazGEnzsRA Physical Simulation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feBfMf2J8uQ Physical Simulation
● Rigid objects, destruction, explosions
v=bDFniqj07FQ Computer Games Lecture 1 What are the Challenges?
● Everything altogether must run in real-time
(30 frames per second)
● Rendering (drawing the scene)
● character control (player characters + non player
● Physical simulation (object collision, deformations)
● user input Character Control ● Controlling the non-player character
● For player character, selecting an action based
on the user input -> smooth transition Virtual Reality, Medical Imaging is...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/26/2014.
- Spring '14