This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ations circuit.
– Broadband Noise – “White Noise”
– Narrowband Noise – “Interference” SignaltoNoise Ratio
SignaltoNoise Ratio Can be expressed in a pure number:
– Signal power / Noise power More commonly expressed in Decibels. – Signal level is on a relative scale compared to the noise.
– The more positive the dB number, the clearer the signal.
– Unless you want to hide it!!! Modulation
Modulation The process of encoding information on the “Carrier Wave”.
– A simple Sine wave. The Sine wave has 3 independent parameters:
– Phase x Other Factors Affecting Other Factors Affecting Performance Scan Rate and Beam Width
x x Pulse Repetition Frequency
x x Determines radars maximum range(tactical factor). Carrier Frequency
x x Narrow beam require slower antenna rotation rate. Determines antenna size, beam directivity and target size. Radar Cross Section
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/28/2014.
- Spring '14