This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: avoid using alcohol or drugs as a means to forget
my problems or relieve stress.
3. My friends regard me as a stable, well-adjusted
person whom they trust and rely on for support.
4. When I am angry, I try to resolve issues in nonhurtful
ways rather than stewing about them.
5. I try not to worry unnecessarily, and I try to talk
about my feelings, fears, and concerns rather than
letting them build up.
6. I recognize when I’m stressed and take steps to
relax through exercise, quiet time, or calming
7. I view challenging situations and problems as
opportunities for growth.
8. I feel good about myself and believe others like
me for who I am.
9. I try not to be too critical or judgmental of others.
10. I am flexible and adapt to change in a positive way. 0
Total for Section IV: Emotional Wellness =______________ C H A P T E R 1 C H A N G I N G P E R S O N A L B E H AV I O R S F O R O P T I M A L W E L L N E S S M01_HOPS4332_02_SE_C01 PP3.indd 23 23
08/11/11 11:11 PM SECtioN V: SPirituAL WELLNESS
5 1. I take time alone to think about life’s meaning and
where I fit in to the greater whole.
2. I believe life is a gift we should cherish.
3. I look forward to each day as an opportunity for
4. I experience life to the fullest.
5. I take time to enjoy nature and the beauty around me.
6. I have faith in a greater power, nature, or the
connectedness of all living things.
7. I engage in acts of care and goodwill without
expecting something in return.
8. I look forward to each day as an opportunity to
grow and be challenged in life.
9. I work for peace in my interpersonal relationships,
my community, and the world at large.
10. I have a great love and respect for all living things and
regard animals as important links in a vital living chain.
Total for Section V: Spiritual Wellness = _______________ SECtioN Vi: ENViroNmENtAL WELLNESS
1 Rarely Sometimes
3 1. I am concerned about environmental pollution and
actively try to preserve and protect natural resources.
2. I buy r...
View Full Document
- Fall '08