Unformatted text preview: r Planning
To eliminate or reduce uncertainty
To improve efficiency of the operation
To obtain a better understanding of the
To provide a basis for monitoring and
controlling work DEFINITION OF A PROJECT LIFE CYCLE PMO PMO Resources
PHASE * RESOURCES CONCEPTUAL FEASIBILITY AND
PLANNING PHASE TIME PLANNING QUESTIONS OFTEN ASKED
* * Who plans the project?
Who executes the project?
Who is responsible for monitoring work
and controlling work?
Who is responsible for providing feedback
regarding the planning and execution
phases of a project?
The Line Manager(s) ?
The Project Manager ?
Both Parties ? Project Manager’s
Project Manager will define:
– Goals and objectives
– Major milestones
– Ground rules and assumptions
– Time, cost, and performance constraints
– Operating procedures
– Administrative policy
– Reporting requirements Line Manager’s
Line manager will define:
– Detailed task descriptions to implement
objectives, requirements, and milestones
– Detailed schedules and manpower allocations
to support budget and schedule
– Identification of areas of risk, uncertainty, and
conflict Senior Management’s
Senior management (project sponsor)
– Act as the negotiator for disagreements
between project and line management
– Provide clarificatio...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/27/2014.
- Spring '14