This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: truction of the load line follows:
1. Set the Limited Kick volume to be used(100,200,500 bbls);
2. Calculated the length of the gas influx(LI);
3. Start at the casing setting depth(SD) by calculating the
Plot this on the Pressure/Depth graph.
4. Determine the Pressure a the top of the gas(PTG), using the
gas gradient (Gg);
5. Plot this on the pressure/depth graph and connect it to the IP
with a straight line.
SP= PTG-[(SD-LI) (Glm)]
Plot this one the pressure/depth plot and connect it to the
PTG point. This completes the construction of the Limited Kick
Load Line. Copyright(c) 2005 by Ali Ghalambor & Boyun Guo 88 The minimum backup is determined and plotted just
as it has been in the surface casing and the Fixed
End Point Load case for Intermediate Casing.The
difference between the Load and the Backup is
calculated and plotted as the resultant. The
multiplication of a Design Factor results in the
construction of the Design Line. This is used for the
actual determination of weight, grade and section
length for the casing desig...
View Full Document
- Fall '14