Unformatted text preview: rature Rmf VS. (Rmf)e for
Salty Muds And GYP-Base Muds Fig.4 Formation Pressure Gradient (psi/ft) Copyright(c) 2005 by Ali Ghalambor & Boyun Guo 118 Fig.5 Formation Pressure Gradient (psi/ft) Section 5
Casing Design 238 Copyright(c) 2005 by Ali Ghalambor & Boyun Guo 119 Design Criteria
There are seven separate criteria to be specified:
1. Swab Considerations-Expressed in ppg EMW.
2. Surg Consideration-Expressed in ppg EMW.
3. Safety Factor-Expressed in ppg EMW.
4. Kick Size-Expressed in ppg EMW.
5. Gain Margin-The gain margin is the secondary
contributor to kick load at the casing seat.
6. Allowable ΔP Opposite Normal or Subnormally
Pressured Zones-Expressed in psi.
7. Allowable ΔP Opposite Abnormal High Formation
Pressures-Expressed in psi.
239 Formation Pressure and Fracture Gradient
With the formation pressure versus depth
information, fracture gradients can be determined. Procedure Sequence
It is planned from the bottom up. The first casing
point established is for the deepest string of
casing which will be drilled beneath.
240 Copyright(c) 2005 by Ali Ghalambor & Boyun Guo 120 Deepest Setting Point Established
The deepest casing point is selected by
identifying a tentative casing point and then
perfecting that point to satisfy all criteria:
Maximum Anticipated Formation Pressure To Total Depth=
+Swab Considerations (Design Cri...
View Full Document
- Fall '14
- Boyun Guo, Ali Ghalambor