This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: e junction;
(c) Φm < Φs for a p-type
(d) the junction at equilibrium. Metal – SC Contacts
• Comparison between ohmic and Schottky contacts:
Φm < Φs P-type
Φm > Φs Schottky: Φm > Φs Φm < Φs – No depletion occurs in Ohmic junction because
majority carrier accumulation is responsible
majority • Ohmic contacts are generally formed using heavily
doped SC so as to reduce the initial barrier (V0)
• Interface energy states can exist
– Due to thin oxides on the SC, surface termination
– Leads to interface energy states that increase the
• Definition: junction between two dissimilar SC
– Usually epitaxial layers
• Abrupt interfaces
• Low defect densities – Heterojunctions utilize materials of differi...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 04/02/2014 for the course EECS 321 taught by Professor Zorman during the Spring '10 term at Case Western.
- Spring '10