3 of the new company and norsk hydro shareholders own

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: plier of natural gas to Europe. The new company is the ninth largest oil company in the world and the 48th largest company in the world on the current Fortune Global 500 list with a revenue of NOK 480 billion. It has about 31,000 employees in 40 countries. It is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (ticker: STL) and New York Stock Exchange (ticker: STO). Statoil's shareholders hold 67.3% of the new company and Norsk Hydro shareholders own the remaining 32.7%. The Norwegian government, the biggest shareholder in both Statoil and Norsk Hydro, holds 62.5% of the company. The operated fields of StatoilHydro are Glitne, Gullfaks, Heidrun, Huldra, Kristin, Kvitebjørn, Mikkel, Norne, Ormen Lange, Sleipner, Snorre, Snøhvit, Statfjord, Sygna, Tordis, Troll, Veslefrikk, Vigdis, Visund, Volve and Åsgard. The company also has processing plants at Kolsnes, Kårstø, Mongstad, Tjeldbergodden and Melkøya. In addition to the Norwegian continental shelf, StatoilHydro operates oil and gas fields in Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Canada, China, Iran, Libya, Nigeria, Russia, the US and Venezuela. StatoilHydro is looking currently for possibl...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Ask a homework question - tutors are online