Unformatted text preview: bout “International” Finance?
• Expanded Opportunity Set – It doesn’t make sense to play in only one corner of the sandbox.
– True for corporations as well as individual investors. Goals for International Financial Management • The focus of the text is to equip the reader with the “intellectual toolbox” of an effective global manager—but what goal should this effective global manager be working toward?
• Maximization of shareholder wealth?
• Other Goals? Maximize Shareholder Wealth
Maximize Shareholder Wealth
• Long accepted as a goal in the Anglo Saxon countries, but complications arise.
– Who are and where are the shareholders?
– In what currency should...
View Full Document
- Spring '14
- Economics, foreign exchange risk, agency problem, globalization Production globalization