This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Suicide
Assault, rape, sexual abuse
– Elder Place of Injury
• Refers to where the injury occurred.
– Examples include:
• On the road
In the home
At play Nature of Injury
• Refers to the types of injury.
– Examples include injuries to the:
• Brain or spinal cord
• Internal organs Severity of Injury
• This refers to
– The degree of physical harm to the injured person;
– The amount of concentrated energy exceeding the
body’s tolerance. M agnitude of the Injury Problem
• Injury is the leading cause of death among
children, adolescents and young adults in Florida
and the United States.
• 75% of all deaths among people ages 15 to 24
years are injury-related.
• More people ages 1 to 34 years die as a result of
i njury than from any other causes combined. I njury deaths represent only the tip of the
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 03/31/2014 for the course HSC 3102 taught by Professor Dr.chaney during the Spring '10 term at University of Florida.
- Spring '10