This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: T2 VMware
binary translation – sensitive instructions replaced
with calls to emulate them; e.g. I/O instruction ->
hypervisor can do a read syscall Paravirtualization
A hypervisor supporting both true virtualization and
paravirtualization. Xen and VMware (as well) – no sensitive calls in guest OS– just calls
to hypervisor Distributed
Figure 8-30. Positioning of middleware in a distributed
• A system for communication and synchronization
• Independent processes communicate via an abstract tuple
• A tuple is a structure of one or more fields, each of which is a
value of some type supported by the base language Matching
A match occurs if the following three conditions
are all met:
1. The template and the tuple have the same number of
2. The types of the corresponding fields are equal.
3. Each constant or variable in the template matches its
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/02/2014.
- Summer '14
- Operating Systems