This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: raps to OS & network kernel.
3. The kernel sends the message to the remote kernel.
4. The remote kernel receives the message and gives it to the server dispatcher.
5. The dispatcher selects the appropriate server stub.
6. The server stub unpacks (unmarshals) the parameters and call the corresponding server procedure.
CSC 8320 RPC Slide 26 RPC Mechanism (Summary)
7. The server procedure does the work and returns the result to the server stub.
8. The server stub packs (marshals) it in a message (call return) and traps it to OS & network kernel.
9. The remote (receiver) kernel sends the message to the client kernel.
10. The client kernel gives the message to the client stub.
11. The client stub unpacks (unmarshals) the result and returns to client.
CSC 8320 RPC Slide 27 RPC Implementation Three main tasks:
– Interface processing: integrate the RPC mechanism with client and server programs in conventional programming languages.
– Communication handling: transmitting and receiving request and reply me...
View Full Document
- Spring '14