Unformatted text preview: ssages.
– Binding: locating an appropriate server for a particular service. CSC 8320 RPC Slide 28 RPC Implementation Interface Processing
– Marshalling and unmarshalling of arguments;
– Dispatching of request messages to the appropriate procedure in the server;
– Interface compiler processes interface definitions written in an interface definition language (msg.x);
– Generate a client stub procedure (msg_clnt.c);
– Generate a server stub procedure (msg_svc.c); CSC 8320 RPC Slide 29 RPC Implementation
– Use the signatures of the procedures in the interface to generate marshalling and unmarshalling operations (msg_xdr.c);
– Generate procedure headings for each procedure in the service from the interface definition (msg.h); Communication handling – TCP, UDP communication
– Socket programming CSC 8320 RPC Slide 30 RPC Implementation Binding – It specifies a mapping from a name to a particular object usually identified by a communi...
View Full Document
- Spring '14
- RPC, RPC Slide