Unformatted text preview: legation – To solve crisis of autonomy, managers must delegate.
– Result is crisis of control as managers compete with other functional managers Stage 4: Growth through coordination – To resolve crisis of control, managers must find right balance of centralized and decentralized control.
– Crisis of red tape Stage 5: Growth through collaboration
Stage 6 : Growth through extraorganizational solution Greiner’s Model
Greiner’s Figure: Organizational Birth
Rates Over Time
Rates SURVIVAL STRATEGIES
Two sets of strategies that organizations can use to gain access to resources and enhance their chances of survival in the environment: 1. rstrategy versus Kstrategy
2. Spet strategy versus Generalist strategy SURVIVAL STRATEGIES
2) Entering a new environment early
Entering an environment late, after other organizations have tested the environment
3) Concentrate their skills to pursue a narrow range of resources in a single niche (spet)
4) Spread their skills thin to compete for a broad range of resources in many niches (generalist) Developing a Plan for a New
Business Included in the business plan should be the same basic elements as in the product development plan: 1. A statement of the organization’s mission, goals, and financial objectives
2. A statement of the organization’s strategic objectives, including an analysis of the product’s market potential, based on a SWOT analysis ORGANIZATIONAL INERTIA
ORGANIZATIONAL Organizational inertia: forces inside an organization that make it res...
View Full Document
- Spring '14
- Management, Weitzel, Jonsson