This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: , chances
are we’ll both assume the career sacrificed should be hers.
41. Assuming I am heterosexual, magazines, billboards, television,
movies, pornography, and virtually all of media is filled with images
clad women intended to appeal to me sexually. Such
images of men exist, but are rarer.
42. In general, I am under much less pressure to be thin than my
female counterparts are. (More). If I am fat, I probably suffer fewer
social and economic consequences for being fat than fat women do.
43. If I am heterosexual, it’s incredibly unlikely that I’ll ever be beaten
up by a spouse or lover. (More).
44. Complete strangers generally do not walk up to me on the street
and tell me to “smile.” (More: 1 2).
45. Sexual harassment on the street virtually never happens to me. I
do not need to plot my movements through public space in order to
avoid being sexually harassed, or to mitigate sexual harassment.
45. On average, I am not interrupted by women as often as women
are interrupted by men.
46. I have the privilege of being unaware of my male privilege.
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/03/2014.
- Fall '14