Individual seeks information from another or 2

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: . Individual volunteers information 7-19 Communications within Groups and Opinion Leadership Mavens, Influentials, and e-fluentials 1. A market maven is a generalized market influencer who market provides significant amounts of information about various products, places to shop, and so on. 2. Roper Starch identifies a group similar to market mavens called influentials. Influentials are 10% of population but influentials use broad social networks to influence the other 90%! 3. Roper Starch identifies a group similar to internet market mavens called e-fluentials. They wield significant online and offline influence. 7-20 Communications within Groups and Opinion Leadership Marketing Strategy, WOM, and Opinion Leadership Marketers are increasingly relying on WOM and influential consumers as part of their marketing strategies. Strategies designed to generate WOM and encourage opinion leadership include: 1. Advertising 2. Product Sampling 3. Retailing/Personal Selling 4. Creating Buzz 7-21 Applications in Consumer Behavior Marketing Strategy, WOM, and Opinion Leadership Advertising can stimulate and simulate WOM and opinion leadership. This ad would likely stimulate WOM via interest and excitement © Christopher Kerrigan 7-22 Communications within Groups and Opinion Leadership Online Strategies to Leverage Buzz and WOM Viral marketing is an online “pass-it-along” strategy, utilizing electronic communication to trigger brand messages (often via email) throughout a widespread network of buyers.” Consumer review sites provide consumer produc...
View Full Document

Ask a homework question - tutors are online