This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: rmodynamics. Applications of the laws of
11) Waves. Properties of waves. Transverse and longitudinal waves. Mathematical
description with emphasize on transverse waves.
12) Superposition of waves: Standing waves.
13) Sound waves. Power and intensity of a wave. Speed of sound.
15) Beats. Waves in 2-D and 3-D. Brief introduction to electromagnetic waves.
16) Light and optics. Light models, diffraction and interference of light, Young’s
17) Diffraction, the diffraction grating.
18) Single-slit diffraction.
20) Doppler Effect.
21) Geometrical optics. Reflection.
22) Refraction, total internal reflection, dispersion.
23) Image formation by refraction: Single and double refracting surfaces.
24) Thin lenses, real and virtual images.
25) Compound optical systems: The Galilean telescope. The microscope....
View Full Document
- Winter '08