This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ydrochloric
acid to form aqueous magnesium chloride and
• Write the balanced chemical equation for this
reaction. Chemical Equations: Review
• What Scientific Principles are used in the process of
balancing chemical equations?
• What symbols are used in chemical equations:
aqueous species in solution:
• What is the difference between P4 and 4P in an eq.?
• In balancing a chemical equation, why are the
reactant and product subscripts not changed? Chemical Equilibrium
When writing chemical reactions one starts with:
N2(g) + 3H2(g) 2NH3(g) Some reactions can also run in reverse:
2NH3(g) N2(g) + 3H2(g) Under these conditions, the reaction can be written: 3H2 (g) + N2 (g) 2NH3 (g) Double arrows indicate “Equilibrium”.
“Equilibrium”. Chemical Equilibrium
Once equilibrium is achieved, reaction continues, but there
is no net change in amounts of products or reactants. Classifying C...
View Full Document