This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: erformed by the
software module at each of these layers.
76. What are the typical jobs performed by the security module of an operating
77. Differentiate between external security and internal security requirements of
a computer system.
What are the various security aspects that an operating system normally
needs to deal with as part of the internal security of a computer system?
79. Differentiate between user authentication and access control requirements of
a computer system.
What is cryptography? How does it help in improving the security of a
What is user authentication?
Describe the three commonly used
approaches for user authentication in modern computer systems.
82. Differentiate between direct demonstration and challenge-response methods
of user authentication.
83. What is a biometric device? What is it used for? Why are biometric devices
not very popular? 84.
What is access control? Define the following terms with respect to access
(c) Protection rules
85. Explain how a process's request for accessing an object is validated by the
What is cryptography? What is the basic idea behind this security
87. Define the following terms with respect to cryptography:
(d) Cipher text
Draw a diagram illustrating the general structure of a cryptosystem.
Explain the roles of various components of this diagram.
89. Differentiate between symmetric (private-key) and asymmetric (public-key)
90. What are the typical jobs performed by the command interpretation module
of an operating system?
91. What is a command interpreter? How does it contribute to the 'ease of use'
objective of an operating system?
92. What are system calls? How are they used?
93. Briefly describe the features of the two types of user interfaces commonly
supported in modern operating systems.
94. Differentiate between command-line interface and graphical user interfa...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/07/2014.
- Spring '14