This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: xplain the printing mechanism of dot-matrix printers.
99. List out the key features and limitations of dot-matrix printers.
100. Explain the printing mechanism of inkjet printers.
101. List out the key features and limitations of inkjet printers.
102. List out the relative advantages and limitations of an inkjet printer and a dot-matrix
103. Explain the printing mechanism of drum printers.
104. List out the key features and limitations of drum printers.
105. Explain the printing mechanism of chain/band printers.
106. List out the key features and limitations of chain/band printers.
107. Differentiate between a drum printer and a chain/band printer. List out their relative
advantages and limitations.
108. Explain the printing mechanism of laser printers.
109. List out the key features and limitations of laser printers.
110. What is a hydra printer? How is it more useful than a normal printer?
111. Name four types of printers that are used today. Describe the print mechanism of
any one of them.
112. Write short notes on:
(a) Impact and non-impact printers
(b) Printers speed
(c) Printers output quality
(d) Color printers
(e) Dot-matrix printers
(f) InkJet printers
(g) Drum printers
(h) Chain/band printers (i) Laser printers (j) Hydra printers
113. What is a plotter? What type of users need it?
114. Explain the working mechanism of a drum plotter.
115. Explain the working mechanism of a flat-bed plotter.
116. What is a COM device? Explain how information is recorded and retrieved using a
117. List out the advantages and limitations of a COM system as compared to a printer.
118. For what type of applications is a COM system most suitable? List out some of its
119. What is a screen image projector? What is it typically used for?
120. What is a voice response system? Give some of its typical applications.
121. What is a voice reproduction system? How does it function? Give some of its
122. What is a speech synthesizer? How does it funct...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/07/2014.
- Spring '14