This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: the typical uses of magneto-optical disks.
109. What is the basic principle of having larger capacity in mass storage devices? 110. What are the three commonly used types of mass storage devices? What are the
basic storage media components used in each type?
111. What is a disk array? How does it provide enhanced storage capacity and enhanced
112. What is a RAID? Why is it so called? Explain how does it provide enhanced
113. What is mirroring? Explain how mirroring leads to enhanced reliability and faster
read operations in case of a RAID.
114. What is striping? Explain how striping leads to enhanced reliability and faster read
operations in case of a RAID.
115. What is a RAID level? Name some of the commonly used RAID levels and the
techniques used byeach for enhanced reliability.
116. What is an automated tape library? What are its main components? How are
these components used together to provide a mass storage device? List out some typical
uses of an automated tape library.
117. What is a CD-ROM jukebox? What are its main components? How are these
components used together to provide a mass storage device? List out some typical uses of
a CD-ROM jukebox.
118. List out the two basic differences between an automated tape library and a CDROM jukebox.
119. Write short notes on:
(a) Disk array
(c) CD-ROM jukebox
(d) Automated tape library
120. What is a drive interface standard? How is it useful? Name two commonly used
drive interface standards.
121. Write short notes on:
(a) Integrated Drive Electronics (IDE) interface
(b) Enhanced Small Device Interface (ESDI)
(c) Intelligent Peripheral Interface-level 3 (IPI-3)
(d) Small Computer System Interface (SCSI)
122. Explain how SCSI device interface standard is different from other device interface
standards like IDE and ESDI.
123. What is (a) a SCSI controller, (b) a SCSI bus and (c) a SCSI device?
124. Draw a diagram to illustrate how SCSI devices are connected to and communicate
with a computer system.
125. What is data backup...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/07/2014.
- Spring '14