Unformatted text preview: use of relative and absolute cell
addresses in formula, support for a wide range of commands, and support for
displaying numeric data in the form of graphs and charts.
15. A graphics package enables us to use a computer system for creating, editing,
viewing, storing, retrieving and printing designs, drawings, pictures graphs and
anything else that can be drawn in the traditional manner.
16. Some of the commonly supported features found in modern graphics packages
are drawing designs, painting drawings and pictures, presenting graphs and charts, dragging-and-dropping graphic objects, importing graphic objects, and capturing
17. Computer-aided-design (CAD) deals with the integration of computers and
graphics design packages for the purpose of automating the design and drafting
18. The two methods commonly used for composing graphic objects are vector
graphics and raster graphics. In vector graphics, the graphic object is composed of
patterns of lines, points, circles, arcs and other geometric shapes which can be
easily represented by few geometric parameters. On the other hand, in raster
graphics, the graphic object is composed of patterns of dots called pixels. Vector
graphics representation takes up much less storage space than raster graphics
representation for the same graphic object. However, raster graphics provides
more flexibility in drawing complex shapes and representation of colors.
19. A. personal-assistance package allows individuals to use personal computers
for storing and retrieving their personal information, and planning and managing
their schedules, contacts, finances and inventory of important items.
20. Some of the commonly supported features found in modern personalassistance packages are calendar, to-do-list, address book, investments book and
1. What is a word-processing package?
List out some of the key features
supported by modern word-processing packages.
2. Differentiate between the insert and type...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/07/2014.
- Spring '14