This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ? Why is it needed?
126. Name some secondary storage devices that are commonly used for data backup.
127. Name four different ways in which data on an on-line storage device may get
damaged or lost.
128. Name the two basic types of backup. Which one will normally take more time and
storage and why?
129. Differentiate between full backup and incremental backup. List out their relative
advantages and disadvantages. 130. In case of incremental backup, only the newly created files or files that have been
changed since the last backup are copied on the backup device from the on-line
secondary storage device at the time of backup. Explain how a backup utility keeps track
of the newly created and modified files since the last backup.
131. What is a backup policy? Why is it needed? What types of issues does it deal with?
132. What is meant by periodicity of backup? How is it normally decided?
133. What is automatic backup? How is it different from a manual backup?
134. How can critical data be protected against natural calamities?
135. Write short notes on:
(a) Incremental backup
(b) Full backup
(c) Backup policy
136. What is a RAM disk? How does it help in faster execution of an application?
137. What is a pseudo disk? How does it help in enhancing the speed of a computer
138. List out the relative advantages and disadvantages of a RAM disk and a magnetic
139. What is DVD? Why is it so called?
140. Differentiate between a DVD-ROM and a CD-ROM.
141. Differentiate among DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, DVD-R and DVD-RW. Give a
typical use of each.
142. What is DVD-video? List out its key features.
143. What is DVD-audio? List out its key features.
144. What is a storage hierarchy? Draw a typical storage hierarchy pyramid.
145. Explain how the use of a storage hierarchy helps in building very large storage
capacities for computer systems in a cost effective way.
146. Write short notes on:
(a) RAM disk
(b) Data backup
(c) Storage hierarchy
147. Write short notes on:
148. Write short notes on:
(a) Magnetic tape
(b) Magnetic disk
(d) Mass storage de...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/07/2014.
- Spring '14