This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: new
document or can be applied to an existing document.
4. A font is a complete set of characters with the same style and size. A wordprocessing package comes with several standard fonts.
5. Font size is measured in points. A point is 1/72 of an inch, and the size refers
to the distance from the top of the tallest character to the bottom of the character
that extends the lowest.
6. The three commonly used font styles are italic, bold and underline.
7. Justification is the alignment of text on the left or the right margin, or on both
margins. The four types of justification are left-justification, right-justification,
full-justification and center-justification.
8. A word-processing package with WYSIWYG feature can display a document
on a screen in a form that closely resembles what the printed document will look
9. The preview feature of a word-processing package shrinks down the pages of
your document so that an entire page or even facing pages can be displayed on the
screen at once in almost the same form as it will appear when printed.
10. The search-and-replace feature of a word-processing package enables you to
perform selective or global replacement of a specific word, phrase, or groups of
characters with a new set of characters.
11. The spell-checker of a word-processing package helps you to ensure that your
document does not contain any mis-spelled word.
12. The grammar-checker of a word-processing package enables you to correct
grammatical mistakes and use of improper writing styles in your document.
13. A spreadsheet package is a numeric data analysis tool that allows us to create
a kind of computerized ledger. It is useful for any numerical analysis problem
whose data can be organized as rows and columns.
14. Some of the key features of modern spreadsheet packages are support for a
large number of cells, support for addressing a range of cells by the addresses of
the endpoint cells, support for different types of cell data (such as, label, numeric
value, formula, and date and time), support for...
View Full Document
- Spring '14