This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: oftware.
What is a computer program?
What is meant by running/executing a computer program?
What is a software package?
Hardware and software of a computer system are like two sides of a coin. Discuss.
Give an analogy to bring out the relationship between hardware and software of a
Hardware is normally a one-time expense whereas software is a continuing
How many types of software are there? Give three examples of each.
Define and distinguish between application software and system software.
10. Define the following terms:
(a) System software
(b) System program
(c) System programmer
(d) Application software
(e) Application program
(f) Application programmer
11. List out some of the key functions performed by the system software of a computer
12. Explain the importance of system software for a computer system.
13. What is a utility program? List out some of the tasks commonly performed by utility
14. What is a profiler? How is it useful for computer users?
15. What is a communications software? What are some of its typical functions?
16. What is a database? Give an example of a database application.
17. What is a database software? List out some of its typical uses.
18. Differentiate between data and information.
19. What is an education software? Give a few examples of such software.
20. What is an entertainment software? Give a few examples of such software.
21. Explain the relationship among the hardware, system software, application software,
and users of a computer system.
22. How does a normal user interact with the hardware of a computer? Describe the
various in-between layers.
23. What are the different ways of acquiring software? List out their relative advantages
24. List out the steps typically followed by a user in selecting and buying a pre-written
software package. 25. List out the steps typically followed by a user in placing an order on another
organization for the creation...
View Full Document
- Spring '14