This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: bers.
47. Draw a flowchart of the logical steps needed to produce a printed listing of all
students over the age of 20 a class. The input records contain the name and age of the
students. Assume a sentinel value of 99 for 1 age field of the trailer record.
48. Draw a flowchart of the logical steps needed to print the name and age of the oldest
and the youngest student in a class. The input records contain the name and age of the
students. Assume a sentinel value of 99 for the age field of the trailer record.
The first 20 records in a data set are to be read and printed. Draw a flowchart for
the algorithm to do this job. Make sure that the processing stops after the twentieth
50. Input data regarding the information of employees of a company has been supplied.
The first field of each input record contains the employee number (EmployeeNo).
Assume that the input data of all the employees is terminated by a trailer record having a
sentinel value of 99999 for EmployeeNo. Draw a flowchart for the logic to count and
print the total number of input records, that is, the total number of employees.
51. For the employees problem of Question 50, we want to count and print the number
of only male employees in the age group of 25 to 30. Assume that the input records
contain SexCode and Age fields to provide this information. Draw a flowchart for the
algorithm to perform this job.
52. Suppose that a population survey has been carried out in a given city, and that the
information received from the survey has been stored in a computer, one record per
citizen. That is, each record contains the name, address, sex, age, profession, etc., of one
citizen. We want to print the details of all the adults (aged 18 years or more) in the city
under survey. Finally, we also want to print the total number of adults. Assume a suitable
sentinel value for any field in the trailer record and draw a flowchart for the algorithm to
do this task.
53. A set of examination papers, which have been graded with scores f...
View Full Document
- Spring '14