Unformatted text preview: for each of the following types of relationships that
need to be taken care of in multimedia database systems:
(a) Spatial relationship
(b) Temporal relationship
(c) Synchronization relationship
Describe any two database query methods that are typically used in
multimedia database systems.
69. Write short notes on:
(a) Database security
(b) Active database systems
(c) Multimedia database systems
(d) Client-server database systems
(e) Distributed database systems
70. Write short notes on:
(a) Storage requirements of multimedia databases
(b) Query features in multimedia database systems
(c) Relationships among data in multimedia database systems
(d) Data manipulation features in multimedia database systems
71. Write short notes on:
(a) Data storage hierarchy
(b) Output versus report files
(c) Backup files
(d) Master versus transaction files
(e) File-oriented versus database-oriented approaches of organizing data
72. Write short notes on:
(a) Sequential file organization
(b) Direct file organization
(c) Indexed sequential file organization
73. Write short notes on:
74. Write short notes on:
(a) Database models
(c) Components of a DBMS
(b) Database schema
(d) Query features in database systems
75. What is meant by knowledge discovery in databases (KDD)? What is the
main motivation behind KDD?
76. Describe the KDD process. 77.
Differentiate among the terms knowledge discovery in databases (KDD),
data warehousing, and data mining.
78. Explain the following terms with respect to the KDD process:
(a) Data selection
(c) Data transformation
(b) Data cleaning
(d) Data mining
79. The KDD process is interactive and iterative. Discuss.
80. What is a data warehouse? Explain its key features.
81. A data warehouse is defined as a subject-oriented, integrated, time-variant,
and non-volatile collection of data. Explain the meaning of the key terms used in
82. When does an organization typically need to build a data warehouse?
83. Describe the process of building a dat...
View Full Document
- Spring '14