This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ng concepts in the OSI model of network architecture with
the functions of each layer.
53. What is meant by internetworking?
What are the main issues in
internetworking? Explain the difference among the following terms:
54. What is a wireless computing system? How is it useful?
55. Differentiate between fixed wireless systems and mobile wireless systems.
56. What are the major challenges in the successful use of wireless computing
systems? 57. List out some of the applications that can benefit from wireless computing
58. Describe the commonly used wireless communication technologies used in
wireless communication systems.
59. Differentiate between 2G and 3G wireless technologies.
60. What is a wireless LAN? Describe the three primary WLAN standards.
61. What is a multihop wireless network? Why are such networks needed?
62. What is Wireless Application Protocol (WAP)? Why is it needed?
63. Describe the various WAP layers, the protocols at each layer, and their
64. Describe the basic architecture of WAP? Explain the role of WAP gateway.
65. What is a distributed computing system? Why are distributed computing
systems gaining popularity?
66. List out the advantages and limitations of a distributed computing system.
67. Write short notes on:
(a) Data transmission modes
(b) Data transmission speed
68. Write short notes on:
(a) Microwave system
(b) Communications satellite
(c) Optical fibers
69. Write short notes on:
(a) Network interface card
(c) Value Added Network (VAN)
(c) Data transmission media
(d) Data transmission services
(d) Dial-up line
(e) Leased line
70. Write short notes on:
(d) Front-end processor
71. Write short notes on:
(a) FAX modems
(b) Intelligent modems
(c) Internal versus external modems
(d) Transmission speeds of modems
72. Write short notes on:
(a) Switching techniques
(b) Routing techniques
(c) Network topologies (d)
View Full Document
- Spring '14