This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: and "interlaced scan".
What are the main differences between a TV monitor and a computer
55. Define the following terms in context of video display:
(a) Raster scanning
(f) Progressive scan
(b) Refresh rate
(g) Interlaced scan
(h) Vertical blanking interval
(i) Horizontal blanking interval
(e) Aspect ratio 56.
Explain the difference between composite video signals and component
video signals. Which of the two has better quality? Give one example for each of
(a) Analog video using composite video signals
(b) Digital video using composite video signals
(c) Analog video using component video signals
(d) Digital video using component video signals
Name the three popular TV broadcasting standards. Describe their
What is HDTV? Name two standards that are based on this technology.
List out the main characteristic feature of these two standards.
59. What is a video clips library? How does it help in the creation of multimedia
60. Write short notes on:
(a) Video display technology
(b) Types of video signals
(c) Broadcast TV standards
61. Give some examples of multimedia applications in education.
What is a multimedia book? What are its main features? How do these
features make it better than a conventional book?
What is a digital library? What are it advantages and disadvantages as
compared to a conventional library?
64. Explain how is multimedia useful in
(a) Better presentation
(c) Learning a subject
(b) Foreign language learning
(d) Employee training
What is a virtual classroom? What are it advantages and disadvantage as
compared to a conventional classroom?
66. Give some examples of multimedia applications in entertainment.
67. Explain how is multimedia useful in making
(a) Video games
(c) Animation film
What is an interactive TV? How is it different from a conventional TV
What is a video-on-demand system? What are its main components? What
is the role of each component in the system? Name some applications of this
70. Give some examples of multimedia applications in marketing.
71. What is multimedia catalogue? What are its advantages an...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/07/2014.
- Spring '14