This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: as
4GLs) allows the user to simply specify "what" the output should be without
describing all the details of "how" the data should be manipulated to produce that
2. What is a programming language? Why is it so called?
What is meant by coding a program? 3. Discuss the analogy between a computer language and a natural language.
4. How does a computer language differ from a natural language?
5. What is meant by syntax rules of a programming language?
Name the three categories of computer languages in order of their ease of
7. What is a machine language? Why is it required?
8. What are the advantages and limitations of machine language?
9. When is a computer language called machine dependent? What is the main
disadvantage of such a language?
10. A machine language instruction has two-part format. Identify these parts and
discuss the function of each.
11. Explain why machine language programming is difficult and error-prone.
12. It is said that machine language programming is difficult and error-prone.
Explain how assembly languages overcome these limitations of machine
13. What is a mnemonic? How is it helpful in case of computer languages?
What is an assembly language? What are its advantages over machine
15. What is an assembler?
16. What is the difference between a source program and an object program?
17. List out the advantages of assembly language over machine language.
18. List out the limitations of machine language which are not overcome by the
use of assembly language.
19. List out some of the typical uses of assembly language.
What is a macro instruction? How does it help in reducing a programmer's
Why are machine and assembly languages often referred to as low-level
List out the main characteristic features of high-level languages. Name ten
23. Why are high-level languages easier to learn and use?
24. What is a compiler? Why is it required? A computer su...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/07/2014.
- Spring '14