This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: can better illustrate
the concept than video.
10. Virtual reality is a relatively new computer technology using which the user
can put a pair of goggles and glove and tour a three-dimensional world that exists
only in the computer, but appears realistic to the user.
11. Scanners, digital cameras, video capture board interfaced to a video camera or
VCR, computer monitors with image display capability, and graphics accelerator
board are some of the commonly used hardware devices for processing animation
12. Some of the desirable features of a multimedia computer system with
animation facility are animation creation software, screen capture software,
animation clips, animation file importing, software support for high resolution,
recording and playback capabilities, and transition effects.
13. Computer audio deals with synthesizing, recording, and playback of audio or
sound with the aid of a computer.
14. Transducer is a device capable of changing signals from analog form to digital
form or vice-versa.
15. MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) is an international standard
developed for digital music that determines the cabling, hardware, and
communications protocol needed to connect a computer with electronic musical
instruments and recording equipment.
16. Sound board, microphone, speaker, MIDI devices, sound synthesizer, sound
editor and audio mixer are some of the commonly used hardware devices for
processing audio media.
17. Some of the desirable features of a multimedia computer system with audio
facility are audio clips, audio file importing, software support for high quality
sound, recording and playback capabilities, text-to-speech conversion software,
speech-to-text conversion software, and voice recognition software. 18. Computer video deals with the recording and display of a sequence of images
at a reasonable speed to create an impression of movement. Each individual image
of such a sequence is called a. frame.
19. The three main TV broadcasting standar...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/07/2014.
- Spring '14