This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: r a logic error in a program? Give
reasons for your answer.
12. What is a program bug? What is debugging?
In high-level languages, a single syntax error often causes multiple error
messages to be generated. Explain why.
Describe the various methods that may be used to locate and correct logic
15. What is a debugger? How does it help a programmer?
16. In the context of debugging of a program, what is a checkpoint? What are
the two commonly supported types of checkpoints in modern debuggers? How are
Differentiate between a breakpoint and a watchpoint in the context of
18. What is a memory dump? How is it useful for a programmer?
19. Differentiate between testing and debugging.
Testing is a definable process, which can and should be planned and
scheduled properly. Discuss.
Testing can begin in the early stages of software development while
debugging can begin only after the program is coded. Discuss.
22. What is software documentation? Why is it needed?
Describe the different types of documentation normally used for
documenting a software system.
24. What are program comments? Why are they needed?
What is a system manual of a software system? What type of information
does it typically contain?
26. What is a user manual of a software system? What type of information does
it typically contain?
27. What is documentation standard? Why is it needed?
What type of operations is normally carried out in the system changeover
process? 29. Describe the three different methods of system changeover along with their
advantages and disadvantages.
Immediate changeover is a risky method of deploying a new system.
32. In what situations is the parallel run method of deploying a new system not
33. Why is system evaluation needed? What are the main parameters normally
used to evaluate a new system?
34. Why do we need to modify a system if it is currently operating well?
35. Why is system maintenance considered an important process in the overall
life cycle of a computerized system?
36. How can frequent program modifications be...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/07/2014.
- Spring '14