This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: d disadvantage as
compared to a conventional catalogue?
What is a virtual shop? How can a customer make purchases from it?
What are its advantages and disadvantage as compared to a conventional shop? 73. What is a virtual shopping mall? What are the key technologies involved in
What is groupware? Give some examples of multimedia applications in
75. What is video conferencing? Explain how it works.
List out some of the uses of multimedia in scientific and engineering
77. What is computer aided design? How does it help a designer?
78. What is visualization? Give two examples to illustrate its usefulness.
79. Write short notes on
(a) Multimedia books
(b) Digital library
(c) Virtual classroom
(d) Interactive TV
(e) Video-on-demand system
(f) Multimedia catalogue
(g) Multimedia Kiosk
(h) Virtual shop
(j) Multimedia e-mail
(k) Video conferencing
(1) Computer aided design
What is data compression? Why is it needed in a multimedia computer
81. When an encoded data is decoded, is the resulting data same as the original
data? Give reasons for your answer.
Explain the difference between lossless and lossy data compression
techniques. Give one example each for justifying the use of one technique over the
Explain the difference between symmetrical and asymmetrical data
compression techniques. Give one example each for justifying the use of one
technique over the other technique.
84. Give the relative advantages and disadvantages of hardware and software
Name two lossless and two lossy data compression techniques. Give a
practical use of each of these techniques.
86. Write short notes on:
(a) Run-length coding
(b) Variable-length coding
(c) Predictive coding
(d) Transform coding
(e) DCT coding 87. What is JPEG? Briefly describe the various modes supported by it.
88. Describe the steps involved in lossy JPEG compression.
89. Describe the steps involved in lossless JPEG compression.
90. What is MPEG...
View Full Document
- Spring '14