This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: e between a wired and a cordless mouse.
22. What is the minimum number of buttons required in a mouse? How does it help
having more number of buttons than the minimum requirement?
23. What is a trackball? How is it different from a mouse?
24. Explain how a trackball is used to notify the system of a particular choice out of a
given set of choices or the monitor's screen.
25. What is a joystick? How is it different from a trackball? Give some typical uses of
26. Explain how an electronic pen is used as an input device.
27. Describe the working mechanism of a light pen input device.
28. Describe some of the typical applications for which writing pen with pad is suitable
as an input device.
29. What is a Personal Digital Assistant? What type of input device is most suitable for
What is a touch screen device? Explain the technology used in making touch
31. Give some typical applications for which touch screen is most suitable as an input
32. What is an information kiosk? Give some typical uses of an information kiosk.
33. Write short notes on:
(d) Electronic Pen (e) Touch screen
(f) Information kiosk
(g) Personal digital assistants
What are data scanning devices? How do they help in improving input data
accuracy as compared t< keyboard devices?
35. What is an image scanner? Explain how it inputs a given image document.
36. What is meant by bit map representation of an image? Give the bit map representation
of the letter 'A'. Use any suitable grid size for your representation.
37. What is the minimum number of bits required to encode each grid point (pixel) in the
bit map representation of an image? How does it help having more number of bits than
the minimum requirement?
38. Differentiate between a flat-bed and a hand-held image scanner?
39. What are the limitations of an image scanner when it is used for inputting text
documents? How does an OCR device overcomes these limitations?
40. Explain how...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/07/2014.
- Spring '14