This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: 5. Write short notes on:
(a) Refresh rate
(b) Virtual reality
(c) Graphics accelerator board
(d) Animation creation software
What is computer audio? Give a few examples to explain its use in
What is a transducer? Name three devices that can be categorized as a
Explain the role of analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters in the
acquisition and playback of analog signals by a computer system.
39. What is a sound board card in a multimedia computer system? In addition
to it basic function, what additional facilitiesdoes it generally provide?
40. What is MIDI? How does it help in the creation of multimedia applications?
41. Explain how an analog signal is transformed into a digital signal. Explain
the role of sampling rate and quantization on the quality of the digital signal
produced by this process.
42. An audio clip is of 30 seconds duration and uses 8 KHz sampling rate, 8 bits
quantization, and mono recording. Calculate its storage requirement.
43. An audio clip is of 15 seconds duration and uses 44.1 KHz sampling rate, 16
bits quantization, and stereo recording. Calculate its storage requirement.
44. What will roughly be the storage requirement for
(a) a 15 seconds telephone-quality audio clip
(b) a 15 seconds CD-quality audio clip
What is an audio clips library? How does it help in the creation of
46. Name some of the common audio file formats.
47. Write short notes on:
(b) Sound card
(d) Sampling rate
(f) Quantization error
(g) Software support for high quality sound
What is computer video? Give a few examples to explain its uses in
49. Give examples of two transducers that deal with video data.
50. Give examples of two transducers that deal with audio data.
51. What is the role of a video board card in a multimedia computer system?
52. Describe the process of displaying a video on a monitor screen.
53. Differentiate between "progressive scan"...
View Full Document
- Spring '14