Unformatted text preview: eric fields to make a report more meaningful and useful. Discuss
this statement. Give an example to illustrate this.
What is a database schema? What all does it typically include about a
51. What are the jobs and responsibilities of a database administrator?
52. What is a data dictionary? How is it created/updated?
53. What is SQL? How is it useful?
List out in proper sequence the three basic steps involved in creating a
database? Briefly describe these steps.
55. What are forms? List out some of the features that may be incorporated into
a form to facilitate easier data entry.
56. What is a filter? Explain with an example.
57. List out the three commonly supported features in modern database systems
that may be used for searching for desired information from a database.
Explain with an example how "Find" command can be used for making a
database query? What are the limitations of "Find" command?
Explain with an example how a query language can be used for making a
database query? What are the advantages of using a query language against
60. What is query by example (QBE)? How does it make the job of querying a
61. A DBMS derives much of its power from the ease with which its users can
search for the desired information from the large volume of data stored in a
database. Discuss this statement.
62. What is a report? How is it created and used? Give an example of a sample
63. What is a multimedia database system? What are the typical requirements of
multimedia database systems?
64. Discuss how the following requirements of multimedia database systems are
different from that of conventional database systems:
(a) Storage devices
(c) Data manipulation
(b) Data modeling
(d) Database querying 65.
What is content-based retrieval/querying (CBR/CBQ)? In what type of
databases is this feature required an why?
66. What is derived data with reference to a multimedia database system? Why
is it used?
67. Explain with an example...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 04/07/2014.
- Spring '14