This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ore values
- May be identified in the Organisation’s MVV Types of sub-cultures
– Counter-cultural Source: J. MARTIN & C. SIEL, 'ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE ABD COUNTERCULTURE: AN UNEASY SYMBIOSIS,' IN
ORGANIZATIONAL DYNAMICS, AUTUMN 1983, VOL. 12, NO. 2, PP.52-64. Take Home Lessons
• The organisation’s environment (both internal and external)
influences decision making in organisations
• The external environment influences the boundaries of what an
organisation can do, as well as providing opportunities and
threats to their current processes
• The internal environment provides the ‘unwritten’ rules about
how things are done and what is acceptable and unacceptable
behaviour BREAK Week 3 Lecture: Part 2 Assignment 1 – Essay Step 1 – When is it due? How long?
Due Week 5 in your tutorial
1000 words – 15% of final mark
Type = Essay
Any special requirements – YES
– Need to use (at least) 2 of the listed references
– Need to find 2 other ACADEMIC references
– Formatting requirements Step 2 – Understand the question
ESSAY QUESTION: “How have management theories and
ideas changed over time? What are the
most important differences between then
(i.e., the 20th century) and now (i.e., the
21st century)”. Step 2 cont. Break the question down into parts to help
“How have management theories and ideas
changed over time? What are the most important
differences between then (i.e., the 20th century)
and now (i.e., the 21st century)”. Step 2. cont. An essay question has 2 parts:
(1) Management theories and ideas
(2) What are the main differences? Step 3 – I need more information
• Start with your lecture notes and the textbook – form YOUR
• Next review the 4 compulsory readings
– What do they say? What is their argument/ position/ opinion?
– What evidence do they present to support their argument?
– Does their position matc...
View Full Document
- Two '09