P H Y S I C AL D ES C R I P T I ON A R E A
SERIES AREA If the item is one of a series and the title proper of the series is found on the item, record the title proper of the series enclosed in parenthesis. Record the number of the item within the series if that numbering appears on the item. Use standard abbreviations for number (no.), volume (vol.), or part (pt.) and give the numbering in Arabic numerals. Example: (Earth and the universe ; no. 3)
N O T E( S ) A R EA Notes give useful information that are not included in the other areas of description. Although all notes are optional some of them may be transcribed in the note(s) area. Start a new paragraph with each note. any introductory word (e.g. Separate Contents, Summary) from the rest of the notes by a colon. Give notes in the order in which they are given in the general outline of AACR2.
NOTES EXAMPLES 1. Nature and scope of the item/ medium of performance Shows the route of Magellan and Legaspi. Opera in three acts. 2. Language Captions in French. Dubbed into Spanish. 3. Source of title proper Title from manufacturer’s catalogue. Title supplied by cataloger. 4. Variations in title Also known as: The blue boy Title in English on title frame: 300 swords
NOTES EXAMPLES 5. Statements of responsibility Cast: Tom Cruise, Penelope Cruz. Credits: Screenplay, Harold Reyes ; music, John Dawson. 6. Edition and history Originally released in 1955. Remake of the 1946 motion picture of the same name. 7. Publication, description, etc. and date First released in 1985. Distributed in the Philippines by: Wea Records 8. Physical description Size when framed: 67 x 45 cm. Equipment needed: Viewmaster viewer.
NOTES EXAMPLES 9. Accompanying material Program notes in container. Accompanied by filmstrip entitled: The butterfly. 10. Dissertations Thesis (M.A.) – University of Manila, 1981. Thesis (doctoral) – New York University, 1964. 11. Audience Intended audience: Elementary grades. For remedial reading programs. 12. Other formats available Also available on cassette. Available in VHS and Beta. 13. Summaries Summary: Miscellaneous photographs designed to develop visual literary skills.
14. Contents Contents : Getting ahead of the game (81 fr.) -- Decision (55 fr.) -- How to be a winner (65 fr.). 15. Publisher’s numbers Tamla Motown: STMA 8007. Island: ILPS 9281. 16. Copy being described and library’s holdings Library ’s copy imperfect: some index pages missing. Library has: Vol. 9-13; 16-20. 17. “With” notes With a separate map on same sheet: Manila. With: Symphony no. 5 / Beethoven. 18. Reproduction of original items Reproduction of original painting done in 1918. NOTES EXAMPLES
STANDARD NUMBER AND TERMS OF AVAILABILITY AREA Give the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) or the International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) assigned to an item from any suitable source when known. ISBNs are assigned to some computer software packages and videos while ISSNs may be given to some nonbook and printed serials.
- Fall '19
- Library catalog, International Standard Book Number, Cartographic Materials
Other Related Materials
- The tags used most frequently are 010 Library of Congress Control Number NR 020
- Iligan Capitol College - Iligan City
- BLIS LIS 106 - Spring 2019
- Start working through the study guide as soon as you receive it together with
- University of South Africa
- INS 1502 - Summer 2019
- Starting from paired data one tries to find an equation that describes the
- Brock University
- MATH 1P12 - Fall 2014
- DeAnza College
- CIS 28 - Spring 2019
- OOP can be easily handled by modifying code and can add easily new objects in
- UET Peshawar
- IT 1123 - Fall 2018
sample-Gurpreet 2 NwzHarmanpreet.docx