6. For which of the following poetic genres was blank verse generally notconsidered a good medium in theeighteenth century? a) love poems b) philosophical poems c) descriptive poems d) meditative poems e) epics
7. Which work exposes the frivolity of fashionable London?
8. Which of the following is notgenerally considered a Gothic romance?
9. Who wrote The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, a novel that abandons clock time for psychologicaltime?
Romantic age1. What served as the inspiration for Percy Bysshe Shelley's poems to the working classes A Song: "Men ofEngland"and England in 1819?a)he organization of a working class men's choral group in Southern England b) the Battle of Waterloo c) the Peterloo Massacre d) the storming of the Bastille e) the first Reform Bill, passed in 1832, which aimed to bring greater Parliamentary representation to the
working classes2. Who applied the term "Romantic" to the literary period dating from 1785 to 1830?
régime, especially satire
3. Which of the following became the most popular Romantic poetic form, following on Wordsworth's claimthat poetic inspiration is contained within the inner feelings of the individual poet as "the spontaneous overflowof powerful feelings"?51