b Not possible Same side interior angles should add up to 180 or the sides are

B not possible same side interior angles should add

This preview shows page 10 - 14 out of 14 pages.

b: Not possible. Same-side interior angles should add up to 180° or, the sides are not parallel. c: Not possible. One pair of alternate interior angles are equal, but the other is not for the same pair of lines cut by a transversal; or, the vertical angles are not equal.
Image of page 10
Selected Answers © 2006 - 2016 CPM Educational Program. All rights reserved. 11 Lesson 6.2.1 6-53. a : R b: I c: I d: R 6-54. D 6-55. a: 12 + 13 i b: 21 – 10 i c: –80 d: 2 6-56. x = 8 2 11.3 units; Methods include using the Pythagorean Theorem to set up the equation x 2 + x 2 = 16 2 , using the 45°- 45°- 90° triangle pattern to divide 16 by 2, or using sine or cosine to solve. 6-57. a: x = 8, –13 b: x = 14 3 , 10 3 c: x = 17 2 , 11 6-58. a: See diagram at right. b: Since corresponding parts of congruent triangles are congruent, 2 y + 7 = 21 and y = 7. Lesson 6.2.2 6-62. a: (5 1/2 ) 6 = 5 3 = 125 b: 7 5 = 16807 c: (81 3 ) 1/4 = 81 3/4 = (81 1/4 ) 3 = 3 3 = 27 6-63. a: P = 2 10 + 34 40.3 mm, A = 72 sq mm b: P = 30 feet, A = 36 square feet 6-64. 10.1% by using the Addition Rule. 6-65. a: y = ax ( x – 5) b: y = a ( x – 6)( x + 6) c: y = a ( x + 0.25)( x – 0.75) 6-66. x = 11º; m ABC = 114º 6-67. A (2, 4), B (6, 2), C (4, 5) T A P 14 18 21 D O G 2 y + 7
Image of page 11
12 © 2006 - 2016 CPM Educational Program. All rights reserved. Core Connections Integrated II Lesson 6.2.3 6-73. 36.4 feet from the point on the street closest to the art museum. 6-74. a: w = ± 17 5 ± 1.84 b: w = 3 ± 349 10 w 2.17 and –1.57 c: w = ± i 3 ± 1.73 i 6-75. a: real b: complex c: complex d: real e: real f: complex 6-76. a: P = 23.4 m; A = 10.5 m 2 b: P = 70.2 m; A = 94.5 m 2 c: yes d: The perimeter triples, but the area increases by a factor of 9. 6-77. sin 1 7 8 61º 6-78. See tree diagram at right (an area model is not practical). P (three yogurts) = 12.5%. 100% 12.5% = 87.5% chance of not getting three yogurts. yogurt green apple red apple yogurt green apple red apple yogurt green apple red apple yogurt green apple red apple yogurt green apple red apple = 12.5% yogurt green apple red apple yogurt green apple red apple yogurt green apple red apple yogurt green apple red apple yogurt green apple red apple yogurt green apple red apple yogurt green apple red apple yogurt green apple red apple
Image of page 12
Selected Answers © 2006 - 2016 CPM Educational Program. All rights reserved. 13 Lesson 6.2.4 6-84. a: x = 1 5 or –3 b: x = 1 2 or –3 c: x = 1 ± 2 i d: x = –7 or 2 6-85. a: 16 b: 3125 c: 2187 6-86. a: (0, –9); It is the constant term in the equation. b: (3, 0) and (–3, 0); Notice that the product of the x- intercepts equals the constant term. 6-87. AB 11.47 units, A 97.47 sq. units 6-88. The triangles described in (a), (b), and (d) are isosceles. 6-89. E Lesson 6.2.5 6-91. area 100.6 sq. yards; perimeter 43.4 yards 6-92. a: x = 1 4 b: x = 1 ± i 3 2 6-93. No, there are several problems with her diagram. The sum of the lengths of the two shorter sides of the triangle is less than 15, so the three sides would not form a triangle. Also, 22º > 18º, but 5 ft < 8 ft, so the larger angle is not opposite the longer side. 6-94. a: It is a parallelogram, because MN || PQ and NP || MQ . b: (1, –5), a reflection across the x -axis. 6-95. a: f ( t ) = 135000(1.04) t , 135000 is the initial value at time 0 and 1.04 is the multiplier for an increase of 4% each year. (100% + 4% = 104%, or 1.04.) b: $199,833 6-96. C x y
Image of page 13
14 © 2006 - 2016 CPM Educational Program. All rights reserved. Core Connections Integrated II Lesson 6.2.6 6-101. a: 1 b: 20 x c: 5 t 3 d: x 2 y 6-102. a: ( i 3) 2 = i 2 6 i + 9 = 1 6 i + 9 = 8 6 i b: (2 i 1)(3 i + 1) = 6 i 2 3 i + 2
Image of page 14

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 14 pages?

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

Stuck? We have tutors online 24/7 who can help you get unstuck.
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors You can ask You can ask You can ask (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes