50. The claim “calcium builds strong bones” is an example of a ______.
51. According to the USDA MyPlate guidance system, 3 ounces of cheese is considered equivalent to _____.
52. Foods that are high in nutrients and low in kilocalories are ________.
53. The FDA allows packaged foods to exceed the number listed on the label by ____.
54. “Soluble fiber can help lower cholesterol” is an example of a _______.
55. Food labels list ingredients in _______.
56. If you haven’t eaten for a few (about four) hours, the body initiates ________, using _________ glycogen stores to increase blood glucose levels.
57. The dietary enzyme that begins breaking down carbohydrates in the mouth is ______.
58. Which of the following statements correctly describes the triggers that result in the release of hormones which regulate blood glucose?
59. Lower blood glucose levels: insulin60. Raises blood glucose levels: glucagon, cortisol, epinephrine, norepinephrine, growth hormone. 61. Has no effect on level: secretin, cholecystokinin62. Insulin stimulates glycogenesis, which is the process of storing excess glucose in the liver and muscle cells.63. When blood glucose levels are low, glucagon stimulates glycogenolysisin the liver to break down stored glycogen and increase the levels of blood glucose.64. Epinephrine acts on the liver to stimulate gluconeogenesis from noncarbohydrate sources.65. Growth hormone stimulates lipolysis to provide fuel for energy from fatty acids stored in adipose tissue.