34. Originalists believe that interpretation of the constitution should be guided
by the actual text of the document.
35. To determine the constitutionality of government actions, the supreme court
36. A traditional public forum is closed to non-government users to protect the
core purpose of the property.
37. The supreme court has said that, under the first amendment, political speech
38. The first amendment stands as a nearly absolute ban to prior restraint.
39. In several recent decisions, the U.S. Supreme Court has held that state or
federal limits on campaign spending
40. John Milton said that the open exchange of ideas in an unfettered
marketplace will allow convincing falsehoods to overcome the truth.
41. The legal protection of anonymous speakers online and offline is
42. Because content-based laws pose a greater risk to the freedom of speech and
of the press than do content-neutral laws, the U.S. Supreme Court uses a more
lenient test to determine when content-neutral laws are constitutional.
43. In the area of government speech, the U.S. Supreme Court has
44. Ad hoc balancing is used to determine the proper awards or penalties when
judges make equity rulings.
45. Traditional public forums include
46. Both content-based and viewpoint-based regulations target speech because
of government disfavor with the ideas expressed.