24. If a company (considering its options on the product/market expansion grid) chooses to move into different unrelated fields (from what it has ever done before) with new products as a means to stimulate growth, the company would be following which of the following general strategies?
25. Starbucks has recently developed a coffee ice cream with Breyer's and bottled its Frappuccino drinks with PepsiCo. These would be examples of which of the following general strategies?
26. To succeed in today's competitive marketplace, companies must: (pick the bestanswer)
27. ________ consists of dividing a market into distinct groups of buyers on the basis of needs, characteristics, or behavior who might require separate products or marketing mixes. a. Product differentiation. b. Market segmentation. c. Market targeting. d. Market positioning.
28. _____________ is arranging for a product to occupy a clear, distinctive, and desirable place relative to competing products in the minds of target consumers.
29. A firm that dominates a market strategically is referred to as:
30. Firms following a _______ strategy seek stable market shares and profits by closely matching the competition's product offers on prices and marketing programs.
31. Product, price, place, and promotion are all controllable tactical marketing tools found in the company's _____________. a. positioning plan. b. marketing analysis division. c. marketing support system. d. marketing mix.