40 moreover the value of p 005 for the clarity of

This preview shows page 51 - 53 out of 66 pages.

40 Moreover, the value of p < 0.05 for the Clarity of performance expectations (P=.000), Level of communication (P=.003), and Fairness of appraisal process (P=.000). From the analysis, it is noted that that Clarity of performance expectations, Level of communication and Fairness of appraisal process have significant effect on employee performance and can be considered as good predictors. Contemporary research studies have also linked performance appraisal to performance of employees as Resella, 2011; Liza Daoanis, 2012; Warokka, Gallato&Moorthy, 2012 ) revealed that performance evaluation practices have a significant and positive impact on the performance of employees. Najeeb (2011) studied Performance Appraisal in Habib Bank Limited and concluded that transparent appraisal system is vital to an organization and the results of the appraisal affect the performance of any employee heavily.Furthermore, (Lorna and James, 2014) found that clarity of performance expectations affected the job performance to a great extent. Feedback mechanism and open door policy affected job perform to a great extent. Integrity and reliability/dependability affected job perform to a great extent. In addition, distributive fairness affected job performance to a moderate extent. The, study revealed that there is significant and positive relationship between performance appraisal quality and employee performance (r = 0.806, P. value .000).
Effect of Performance Appraisal Quality on Employee performance: The case of Ethiopian Airlines Company. 41 CHAPTER –FIVE:CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS 5.1. CONCLUSIONThe primary objective of this research was to examine the effect of performance appraisal quality on employee performance in the case of Ethiopian Airlines Company. The study targeted a total of 200 respondents. However, only 180 respondents responded and returned their questionnaires contributing to 90% response rate.Respondent from different age group, educational background, and year of experience are represented in the data collected. The result of background of respondents indicated that majority of the total respondents are male with total of 103(57.2%) while the remaining 77(42.8%) were female. with regard to age and highest educational level of the respondents most of them are in the age range of 26-35 (67.8%) and Majority of the employee sample group were BA/BSC holders with total number of 149 which represents 82.8% from the total employee participant of this study. Also majority of respondents have a working experience from 1-5 years with total number of 105 which represent 58.3% from employee participant of this study .While 49 of them have an experience from 6-10yeras. 22 of them have less than one year experiences and the remaining four of they have an experience in between 11-15 years. The result obtained with descriptive statics show that majority of respondents are moderately satisfied with clarity of performance expectations in performance appraisal process, level communication between employees and supervisors, fair ness of performance appraisal process

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture