5. Populations in which individuals repel each other because resources are in short supply tend to have ____ distributions.
6. A population of mostly ____ individuals with a ____ generation time and a ____ proportion of females is expected to show the most growth in the future. a. prereproductive; short; high b. prereproductive; short; low c. reproductive; long; low d. reproductive; short; high
Why is sex ratio a population characteristic that can affect population growth?
21. A human population living without medical care in Third World conditions would probably have
6. Life tables are mostuseful in determining which of the following?
7. Which curve best describes survivorship that is independent of age? A. Curve A B. Curve B C. Curve C D. Curve D E. Curve E
16. Which of the following traits is characteristic of a K-selected species?