60) The purpose of an intelligent system is to ________.
A) enable people to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with each other
B) create, store, analyze, and manage spatial data
C) emulate or enhance human capabilities
D) support the coordination of suppliers, product or service production, and distribution
E) produce detailed information to help manage a part of the firm
61) Which of the following can be cited as an example of a supply chain management system?
62) Identify the purpose of an office automation system.
63) With respect to the types of information systems used in organizations, a grocery store
checkout cash register with a connection to a network is an example of a(n) ________.
64) Microsoft's Exchange/Outlook and Lotus Notes provide people with e-mail, automated
calendaring, and online, threaded discussions, enabling close contact with others, regardless of
their location. Identify this type of information system.
A) collaboration system
B) office automation system
C) data mining and visualization system
D) functional area information system
E) geographic information system